The Greatest Speeches of All-Time Box Set : DVD
Item Number: JRDVD 8801
The most important and well-known speeches of modern times. Seen and heard in this original footage are the dramatic highlights of speeches from U.S. Presidents, politicians and world leaders that changed the course of history and inspired millions worldwide.
3 DVD's 39 speeches in all.
1. Franklin Delano Roosevelt: An emotional FDR delivers his "State of the Union Address" after the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
2. Sir Winston Churchill: The eloquence of the world's greatest orator is seen and heard as he captures the spirit of the English people during WWII.
3. General Douglas MacArthur: "Old Soldiers Never Die..." speech before a joint session of congress.
4. Harry S. Truman: The "Give'em Hell, Harry" President is seen and heard delivering his fiery political rhetoric.
5. John F. Kennedy: JFK speaks of "new frontiers" and the renewed faith in the American dream. Includes his inauguration speech "Ask Not" and "Ich Bin Ein Berliner" before millions in Germany.
6. Rev Martin Luther King, Jr.: Perhaps the most inspirational speaker of all-time. Rev. King is featured giving two memorable speeches, including his last.
7. Robert F. Kennedy: Interrupting a campaign stop in Indiana, RFK delivers a stunning impromptu eulogy of Martin Luther King shortly after hearing of his death.
8. Malcolm X: Controversial, outspoken and as poignant as ever, malcolm X delivers a speech in Harlem.
9. Richard M. Nixon: "I will resign this office effective noon tomorrow ..." was the last and most dramatic speech Mr. nixon gave in the oval office.
10. Ronald Reagan: President Reagan begins and ends his presidency with two of his greatest speeches.
Running time: 68:00
1. Franklin Delano Roosevelt: 1st Inaugural Address featuring the famous "... fear itself" address. - March 4, 1933
2. Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Answers the assertion that he feasts on "Grilled Millionaires". - December 5, 1938
3. Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Teamsters Union Banquet, Hotel Statler in Washington D.C. - September 23, 1944
4. Richard M. Nixon: As running ate to Dwight D. Eisenhower, the future Vice President addresses the TV audience with his "Checkers Speech". - September 23, 1952
5. John F. Kennedy: Proposing a "Test Ban Treaty" at American University. - June 10, 1963
6. Martin Luther King, Jr.: Speaking at Brown Chapel in Selma, Alabama. - March 8, 1965
7. Barry Goldwater: The nominee for President addresses the Republican National Convention in San Francisco. - July 16, 1964
8. Ronald Reagan: Making an early political speech in support of the Goldwater-Miller G.O.P. ticket. - October 27, 1964
9. Ronald Reagan: Address at the Brandenburg Gate (Berlin Wall) during the president's second term. - June 12, 1987
10. Mario Cuomo: Speaking at the Democratic National Convention held in San Francisco. - July 16, 1984
11. Jesse Jackson: At a political rally in Tendley Baptist Church, Philadelphia. - January 16, 1984
12. George H.W. Bush: Address to Joint Session of Congress and the Nation following Desert Storm Victory. - March 6, 1991
13. William Jefferson Clinton: Speech commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion. - June 6, 1994
14. William Jefferson Clinton: 2nd Inaugural Address, Washington D.C. - January 20, 1997
Running Time: 94:30
1. Will Rogers Campaign Rally with FDR - 1932
2. Huey Long Addressing Congressional Staff Members on the "re-distribution of wealth" - December 11, 1943
3. Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Second Inaugural Address - January 20, 1937
4. George S. Patton speaking in Los Angeles for War Bond Support - June 12, 1945
5. John L. Lewis Congressional Testimony on Mining Disaster and calling for ousting of the Secretary of the Interior - April 3, 1947
6. Attorney Joseph Welch, representing the Army, faces off with Sen. Joseph McCarthy - April 22, 1954
7. V.P. Richard Nixon and Nikita Khrushchev inspecting an exhibit of a "modern kitchen" at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow - July 24, 1959
8. Hubert Humphrey addresses farm workers during the Presidential Primary race - March 14, 1960
9. John F. Kennedy speaking to the nation on the introduction of Civil Rights Legislation - June 11, 1963
10. New York Gov. Nelson Rockefeller addresses the Republican National Convention - July 14, 1964
11. Robert F. Kennedy at the Democratic National Convention in Atlantic City - August 27, 1964
12. U.S. Representative Barbara Jordan speaking during the Impeachment Hearings of Richard Nixon - July 25, 1974
13. President Gerald Ford announcing to the nation a Pardon for Richard Nixon - September 8, 1974
14. Jimmy Carter from the White House addresses the Nation on the growing Energy Crisis - July 15, 1979
15. President Ronald Reagan at the National Association of Evangelicals Convention - March 23, 1983
Running Time: 52:00